Up a Creek with a Paddle
AT STERETT CREEK MARINA
WITH WARSAW ADVENTURES
Enjoy a relaxing and fun paddle as part of this unique off-site package! Warsaw Adventures welcomes you, along with our partners at Sterett Creek Marina. Meet up with old and new friends at the Marina and enjoy a relaxing evening paddle along the calm waters up into Sterett Creek that gives this Marina its name.
Bring your own kayak or rent from us! All participants must register.
No experience necessary. Our guides and sit-on-top rental kayaks are designed for beginner and experienced paddlers alike. We will be leaving the Sterett Creek Marina boat launch around 5:15 pm so it is advised you show up a little early to check-in, apply bug spray, and prepare gear and lifejackets.
Sterett Creek Marina, Motel, and Campground is located 2.5 miles north of Warsaw off 65 highway at 18174 Marina Rd, Warsaw, MO 65355.
Your event registration includes:
* 1.5 hour guided paddle
* Rentals include kayak, paddle, and lifejacket
What to expect:
* Arrive at the Sterett Creek Marina boat ramp parking lot and make your way to the boat ramp where you will meet your Warsaw Adventures guides, check-in, sign waivers, and find your fully prepared kayak for the evening event.
* Kayaks will leave the ramp at approximately 5:15 pm and make their way out and around the marina.
* This tour will guide you up Sterett Creek as far as water flow or time allows before turning back and making our way back to the marina boat ramp.
* This tour is flatwater meaning no water current, you will need to paddle. Wind should be minimal in the protected cove.
**While our kayaks are built for ease of use and our event leaders make every effort to be inclusive to all paddlers, Kayaking is a sport. You may experience exercise-related responses such as increased heart rate, light muscle strain, and fatigue. kayaking requires bending, squatting, and the ability to sit with your legs outstretched in front of you. Please gauge your own abilities to complete this tour.
Things to bring:
* Water bottle with water
* Shoes that can get wet.
* Fast drying clothes or a change of clothes. (You may get wet from normal paddling)
* Dry-bag (available for purchase at the event) for personal items if needed. We recommend you not take valuables on the kayak without one.